The test is administered for the aims of: assessing aspects of personal literacy and numeracy skills of initial teacher education students prior to graduation (“the Aims”). In the course of your registering for and participating in the test, The Australian Council for Educational Research Ltd (ABN 19 004 398 145) (“ACER”) may collect your personal information. Personal information is that information or opinion that tends to identify a particular individual such as name and date of birth.
ACER will only collect, store, use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of administering and reporting on the test (“the Purpose”). If you do not provide your personal information you may not be able to participate in the test.
ACER, in pursuing the Purpose, may collect your sensitive information such as health information, for example, in case you need special testing conditions in sitting the test. By ticking the box in your registration for the test, you consent to ACER collecting, using, storing and disclosing your sensitive information as specified in this Privacy Statement.
Disclosure of your personal information (including sensitive information)
ACER may disclose your personal information (including sensitive information) to:
- government or statutory bodies (including teacher regulatory authorities), higher education providers and tertiary admissions centres which have instigated the test or have an interest in the Aims;
- ACER contractors which may assist ACER in pursuing the Purpose from time to time;
- medical or other professionals for the purpose of assessing any sensitive information; and
- where ACER is required to do so by law, to government agencies, or individuals appointed by government, responsible for investigating and resolving disputes or complaints connected with the test.
Your results will only be provided to you and the higher education provider you are currently enrolled in (or have applied to if you are not yet enrolled, as a prospective student) and the relevant teacher regulator authority, tertiary admission centre, and in de-identified format to the Australian Government Department of Education and Training.
If you are required to sit the test as part of an entry requirement, your results will be provided to you, the relevant tertiary admissions centre, and the higher education provider where you applied.
ACER will not transfer your personal information overseas in pursuit of the Purpose.
ACER will abide by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
You have the right to:
1. inspect your personal information;
2. request amendment of your personal information; and
3. make a complaint in respect of a breach of your privacy.